Hi there, I ran into an issue with a Booma pin flag switch earlier this winter and thought I would give the rest of the rc community a heads up.

While testing the Booma switch before installing it in a new airframe I noticed the test servos jittering a bit when rapidly moving the transmitter sticks, in particular the throttle. Closer inspection showed the Graupner receiver led blinking a bit as well. Ok, tried moving the switch to my engine test stand that uses a Hitec radio - same problem but completely different hardware except for the switch. Then tried the other Booma switch I had - same problem - removing the switch from the circuit resolved the problem in both cases. So I fired off an email the US distributor thinking maybe they had a bad batch of switches or something.

The US distributor forwarded the issue to Booma in Australia and I got a call from them the next day. After discussing the issue the Booma rep figured the problem must be electrical noise feeding back to the switch and confusing it to the point where it would turn off. The solution was to add a 4700uf capacitor to the circuit to filter out the noise and Booma sent 3 in the mail that day (free of charge by the way).

While waiting for the capacitors to arrive I tried swapping a couple of newer (and more expensive) Savox servos into the test setup. Problem solved, it appears that I had a couple of noisy servos (cheaper digital and somewhat beat up) in the test setups and that was causing my problem. Easy fix but not exactly confidence inspiring.

When the package arrived from Booma - I tried the capacitors with the (now identified) crappy servos and the problem went away. Based on this experience I have decided that adding a 4700 ufd 10v capacitor is pretty cheap and light weight insurance just to filter out any unwanted electrical noise.

Please don't interpret this thread as a complaint against any of the manufacturers mentioned, in fact I was super impressed with the response to my issue from everyone involved. The Booma switch seems to be a tad sensitive to noise but the solution is pretty simple and much cheaper to fix before it causes a issue in flight.