0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 87
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Re: Aura FC8 Reference Library

I have 3 of these in planes now...here are my current files, however they are still being refined.

All 3 are run with a Spektrum DX9, all basic setups, nothing serial yet and no power boards, match boxes, etc. If you are running Spetkrum you really need to use it with satellites only or a serial receiver to get full benefit IMHO.

For the first two with Master Gain, I put it on a knob but really use it as an on/off for the stabilizer so a two position switch would work as well. I put it on a knob just to save me bringing a laptop to the field if I find I'm getting some oscillation.

1. 48" Extreme Flight Edge
    -two DSMx satellites, everything plugged into Aura
    -3 Flight Modes - Precision (lower rates, medium gains), 3D Slow (highest rates, high gains), 3D Fast (highest rates, low gains)
    -Master Gain on Aux 3 programmed to a knob, range is from stabilizer off to 100% of the programmed gain for the selected flight mode

2. 79" Aeroworks Extra 260 Freestyle
    -two DSMx satellites, everything plugged into Aura *One power input from Booma RC bat share switch, each aileron/elevator has it's own port. Currently brushless but there is a free port for an ignition kill if you use this setup with a gas engine
    -3 Flight Modes - Precision (lower rates, medium gains), 3D Slow (highest rates, high gains), 3D Fast (highest rates, low gains)
    -Master Gain on Aux 3 programmed to a knob, range is from stabilizer off to 100% of the programmed gain for the selected flight mode

3. 91" 3DHS Yak 55M
    -Powersafe RX with PWM connections *No free channel for Master Gain, ailerons on a Y-cable
    -3 Flight Modes - Gyro Off Low Rates, 3D Slow (highest rates, high gains), 3D Fast (highest rates, low gains)
    -Ports 1 through 3 are used for aileron/elevator/rudder input, port 4 is for flight modes, 5 through 8 for aileron/elevator/rudder outputs (1 for each elevator)
    -this is my least favorite setup and I may soon change over to using two DSMx satellites with a Booma RC bat share switch...would prefer to ditch the y-cable for the ailerons and be able to run Master Gain

I haven't flown the Extra yet, and I've had to reduce gains on the Yak from the first few flights for occasional oscillation. These files aren't perfect just yet but should be a good starting point for anyone with similar planes/setups.

Comments/criticisms welcome!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am
    Cory
    Last Online
    03-15-2023
    Preferred Radio
    Spektrum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 87
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Re: Aura FC8 Reference Library

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmith View Post
    I have 3 of these in planes now...here are my current files, however they are still being refined.

All 3 are run with a Spektrum DX9, all basic setups, nothing serial yet and no power boards, match boxes, etc. If you are running Spetkrum you really need to use it with satellites only or a serial receiver to get full benefit IMHO.

For the first two with Master Gain, I put it on a knob but really use it as an on/off for the stabilizer so a two position switch would work as well. I put it on a knob just to save me bringing a laptop to the field if I find I'm getting some oscillation.

1. 48" Extreme Flight Edge
    -two DSMx satellites, everything plugged into Aura

2. 79" Aeroworks Extra 260 Freestyle
    -two DSMx satellites, everything plugged into Aura *One power input from Booma RC bat share switch, each aileron/elevator has it's own port. Currently brushless but there is a free port for an ignition kill if you use this setup with a gas engine

3. 91" 3DHS Yak 55M
    -Powersafe RX with PWM connections *No free channel for Master Gain, ailerons on a Y-cable
    -3 Flight Modes - Gyro Off Low Rates, 3D Slow (highest rates, high gains), 3D Fast (highest rates, low gains)
    -Ports 1 through 3 are used for aileron/elevator/rudder input, port 4 is for flight modes, 5 through 8 for aileron/elevator/rudder outputs (1 for each elevator)
    -this is my least favorite setup and I may soon change over to using two DSMx satellites with a Booma RC bat share switch...would prefer to ditch the y-cable for the ailerons and be able to run Master Gain

I haven't flown the Extra yet, and I've had to reduce gains on the Yak from the first few flights for occasional oscillation. These files aren't perfect just yet but should be a good starting point for anyone with similar planes/setups.

Comments/criticisms welcome!
    Finally flew the 79" Extra today, so all three of these setups are flight tested! What a great little device, I like have the flight modes attached to gyro gains, it makes a lot of sense and I find myself switching between them more than I expected to.

Thread Information