0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 74
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Servo Testing Q&A

Hi All,

The servo testing results thread has been stickied. Let's use this thread for Q&A since the mods will be cleaning up the Servo Testing Results post.
    I've posted the testing methodology, I'll cross post here for some "Peer Review" scrutiny. who knows, maybe will end up in a "non Newtonian" EME Style of engine, which can generate thrust without equal and opposite reaction.. LOL

Orignial post is here with Photos: http://rccanucks.com/showthread.php?...ll=1#post79788

Test methodology

Torque Tests:
    Will be performed using the equipment & methodology below
    All servos will be using the same LiPo 2S source, I have several that will remain fully charged.
    I'm going to be using a D8 Series FRsky Receiver with the servo Plugged directly into it
    Battery will have a Voltage / Amp Draw / Watt Meter Attached (See Photo)
    Torque Test uses a Matzuo Strain Guage (Luggage Strain Meter) in Lbs
    H9 25 Tooth 1" arm will be used for all the tests
    I'll locate an H9 Arm for Hitec and JR

Test Method for Torque:
    Connect battery to Amp / Watt / Voltage meter, then connect meter to the Receiver.
    Servo will be mounted on the rig, and we'll be doing 3 subsequent pulls, about 15 seconds apart. A toggle switch will be used and calibrated to do the test pulls, so that it eliminates the "Human" variable of moving the sticks. (note, this makes servos really hot). With Digital Servos, they apply full power from as soon as there is a request to change location, example: From 1500 (Center) to 1900 Full Sweep 1 direction. Unlike analog servos, which progressively add more power based on potentiometer position.

During each pull, I'll use an IR Thermal Sensor pointed towards the side of the servo below the output arm, this is the normal location for the servo motors, and I'll be posting data directly in a separate section of this thread.

Centering Test:
    Servos will be mounted on a separate board, an extended BBQ stick will be attached securely to a servo arm to make a pointer. Center Point will be adjusted to so the tip of the servo pointer mates up to a fixed spot on the rig. Again to eliminate "Human Factor" a 3 position Toggle Switch will be used to test the centering of the Servo. Test will start at the neutral position (Center Switch) 1900 and 1100. To eliminate Parallax, the camera maybe moved to show the pointer and reference mark.

Test will be run 3 times.

Speed Test:
    2S Lipo will be connected directly into the Turnigy Servo Tester and will use the built in speed test. I will use a 2" arm on the servo for the speed test. The reason for the 2" arm is, the test is performed based on an algorithm built into the tester. The fastest servos today do not register in the speed test, because the differential in voltage between zero and full sweep has barely any load. And if there is no load, there is no way to measure from Zero - Low - Zero load.

This test will also be run 3 times.

That's all for now, as mentioned earlier, I'll be placing the order to Thunderbolt RC for the Servos, most likely on Monday.

Thanks all.

I am
    martins
    Last Online
    06-26-2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Re: Servo Testing Q&A

They only connect with the youngsters they are aiding online when those kids need proessaywriting reviews they often don't know the students they are serving. A student orders a paper online, receives it, and may not communicate with the author again until the student orders another paper.

I am
    Serge Lucas
    Last Online
    10-19-2022
    Preferred Radio
    Travel Talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Domypresentationfor.me has been a real lifesaver as I didn't expect them to create such an outstanding presentation. These guys know what design is and how to adapt content to customers' needs!

I am
    martins
    Last Online
    06-26-2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Feedback Score

1 Not allowed!

Discover the 10 best call tracking software apps to optimize your business's call analytics and customer interactions. Check out this valuable resource for enhancing your communication strategy call tracking Don't miss out on these top-notch tools for better tracking and analysis!

Thread Information