0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Nitro Engine Fuel Tank Problem

Hi,

I bought a 40 size Trainer that had been sitting around for a while. I took it home, serviced the engine, cleaned it up and took it outside to run. It started with an electric starter very easily, but I could not get it to keep running. The engine would go very low RPM for a few seconds and a short burst of high RPM a few times and after about 10 seconds it would die. I noticed while it was running the fuel was not in a constant stream. The fuel was coming through the lines in about 1/4 inch sections with at least an inch of air in-between. I know this is not normal. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...l-Tank-Problem
    Custom animation studio

Thanks
    Last edited by davefollmers; 03-15-2018 at 06:11 AM.

I am
    Rick
    Last Online
    02-17-2022
    Preferred Radio
    Graupner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Re: Nitro Engine Fuel Tank Problem

My guess is that your carburetor may have some dried fuel blocking some fuel passageways. To remove the oil fuel I would soak the carburetor in fuel for 2-3 days.

Remove the carb from the engine. See how many turns it takes to turn you high speed needle in until it stops and mark it down. Do not tighten the high speed needle closed or you will wreck the needle. This will give you a reference point when you reassemble. Now remove the high speed needle. Put the carburetor and needle in a container with a lid you can close and fill with nitro fuel so both items are coverered. After 2-3 days remove the carb and install it back on the engine. If you initially measured 2 1/4 turns to close the high speed needle screw it in all the way and back it out 2 1/4 turns. Another way to set the high speed needle is to screw it in. Install a new used fuel line to the carb and blow into into it with your mouth. While blowing air into the fuel line back out the high speed needle until you can hear fuel passing into the carb. This will give you a good starting point.
    Last edited by akabek; 03-12-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Thread Information