0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 87
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Saito FA-91S

Shipping : I will ship at buyers expense.
    Quantity: 1
    My Location: Waterloo
    Model Number: FA-91S
    New or Used: Item is used but excellent condition.
    Trades: No trades.
    Manufacture: Saito
    Asking Price: $200.00

Saito FA-91S just like this one: http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=SAIFA91S

Has about 3/4 of a gallon through it. Bearings feel perfect, compression is great as you would expect for an engine this new. Runs just like a new engine, still running rich for the remainder of break-in.

Bought this BNIB from here for a project that I only flew two tanks through on this engine. The rest of the fuel through it was for initial break in, it certainly isn't fully broken in yet. Aside from the spinner nut, washer, and a two tank old OS F plug it comes as new, with all original packaging, tool kit, manual, stickers, etc.

The Bad: Has some staining on the muffler from some exhaust leaking during break-in. I've since used some moto seal on the header threads which has kept it tight and sealed for the remainder of break-in and two flights. Also, the first couple glow plug threads in the head appear chipped. I first discovered this when I had trouble getting the OS F plug started in the head after the initial break in, it continually wanted to cross thread. One of two possible scenarios, it came that way or these heads are very soft aluminum and I caused it changing the plugs. Either way, it holds a glow plug just fine as all the other threads are good, just have to be careful when starting to thread a new one in. I've noticed on my 82 it is also tricky to install the plug the first couple threads. I've never had this problem on any of my OS engines or any of the glow engines I used to run in buggies and trucks...maybe it's a Saito thing???

These list for $409.99 at Great Hobbies, I'm looking to get $200...less than half price and no tax. Will come with an APC 15x6 prop if picked up...probably wouldn't be worth the extra shipping cost to ship it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saito 91.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	275.6 KB 
ID:	4283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saito box.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	4284  

Thread Information