0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 149
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Power Box Mercury SRS Set Up Help

So hoping this can be the place for help/advice etc for us newbies on the Power Box systems and gryo's etc.
    I will be using Jeti but everyone should jump in! Will start with the manual haha!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8466.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	321.0 KB 
ID:	21812  

I am
    Steve W
    Last Online
    Today
    Preferred Radio
    Futaba MZ, Futaba SZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 208
    Given: 69
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Re: Power Box Mercury SRS Set Up Help

Having no Mercury experience I can't help you there.

Having lots of PowerBox experience this is exactly my advice:

Download PowerBox terminal and be sure your stuff is up to date, I recheck all of mine each off season just in case.

Check the way their forums work, it can save you some grief if you ever have a question by knowing what if there.

Trevor should be knowledgeable but you will have to go to his factory for assistance.

I can listen in any language anyone should be able to follow this https://youtu.be/jMPYZLmieWc

Good luck Dean

I am
    Eric R
    Last Online
    Today
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti DC-24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by itizme View Post
    Having no Mercury experience I can't help you there.

Having lots of PowerBox experience this is exactly my advice:

Download PowerBox terminal and be sure your stuff is up to date, I recheck all of mine each off season just in case.

Check the way their forums work, it can save you some grief if you ever have a question by knowing what if there.

Trevor should be knowledgeable but you will have to go to his factory for assistance.

I can listen in any language anyone should be able to follow this https://youtu.be/jMPYZLmieWc

Good luck Dean
    Good points to bear in mind. I just ordered that PB bluetooth thing to adjust settings and do updates wireslessly...

I am
    Dean
    Last Online
    04-20-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Steve,
    So while I was waiting for the Mercury to come I read thru their forums and watched as much of all i could find, used the CC on that video you shared already.
    Kinda my only frustration is a lot of what is being talked about takes for granted someone has used power box sysytems before and is familar with them.
    I'm sure once I get it going it will become easy to tune and adjust but nowhere and I mean nowhere can I find simple step by step instructions to start a new model from scratch with using my DS 16. What parts to set up in the radio and what to do in the Mercury have me a little lost. Gonna dig out the DS 16 manual and see whats in there. But really hoping someone who has done this will have some time to share on here. Seems complex but is likley simple haha

I've done very little for 6 months with my RC stuff so can take me awhile to get my brian working again

I am
    Dean
    Last Online
    04-20-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Oh and I do have the usb connector deal for updates, I would assume its very up to date now since Jeff just got them in last week. But learning how to update it now when it's not mounted will be easier than later.

I think I'm gonna mount it to a board like in that video just to start and learn with it.

I am
    Ch*nt-Free
    Last Online
    Today
    Preferred Radio
    Futaba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 371
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

I could only get the gyro to kick in a couple times on mine when setting it up, then I'd lose it...give up and flew without....so dumb here looking for more info on this thread!!

I am
    Eric R
    Last Online
    Today
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti DC-24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Tracker View Post
    Steve,
    So while I was waiting for the Mercury to come I read thru their forums and watched as much of all i could find, used the CC on that video you shared already.
    Kinda my only frustration is a lot of what is being talked about takes for granted someone has used power box sysytems before and is familar with them.
    I'm sure once I get it going it will become easy to tune and adjust but nowhere and I mean nowhere can I find simple step by step instructions to start a new model from scratch with using my DS 16. What parts to set up in the radio and what to do in the Mercury have me a little lost. Gonna dig out the DS 16 manual and see whats in there. But really hoping someone who has done this will have some time to share on here. Seems complex but is likley simple haha

I've done very little for 6 months with my RC stuff so can take me awhile to get my brian working again
    Dean....Iíve set one up so far and have two more to go. I found it pretty straightforward for the most part and I fly Jeti. Iíll likely need a bit of guidance with the gyro part beyond what Iíve alread setup in my Mega Turbo Bushmaster. To get you started: setup a new model like you would any other time. Select your function assignment and servo assignment, and choose your various switches that you want to use. While Iím at it I setup my sound on events with my switch positions as itís a helpful reminder what switch is for what. Then just follow the basic steps on page 6 of the manual to put your receivers in UDI....

The 15 output slots are listed alphabetically. So at that part of the setup process the PB will recognize which control youíre moving...so for example you move the throttle stick...it would likely recognize that as function 1....so you would then choose which servo slot you want ď1Ē to be for your throttle servo to plug into. Sometimes I found it didnít detect some of mine so I just chose them manually, by writing down what I had all my functions numbered as in my function assignment.

From there you have a few choices. Things like your throws or servo end points I chose to do conventionally in the transmitter, servo balancing on a multi servo control surface can be done in either as well. Keep in mind on a 2 servo aileron for the gyro to work properly youíd have to use the PB servo balance as opposed to the transmitter...

Anyway that should get you started. I found after playing with it for a couple of hours it became pretty intuitive. I got screwed up for a while as my Mega has some fancy mixes going on and I got a bit confused and things were going really wonky for a bit there. All the while trying to setup a Mercury as well🤪

I am
    Dean
    Last Online
    04-20-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Eric,
    Awesome thanks for taking the time to help out!! Good tips in there!
    I'm going now to start playing. I spent some more time on PB forums, there are 29 pages of mercury specific forums so finding tips is a challenge but got a couple from there. Lots of german posts mixed in wwith english LOL
    Hopefully we can all learn a bit here and share.

I am
    Dean
    Last Online
    04-20-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Made some progress, some of it by luck haha I've got the throttle and rudder alive, no linkages or end points but moving. Learning but long way to go!

Something I do need help with, seems basic but weird;

When I plug a battery into the Mercury it immediately comes on, I had the impression I would have to use the switch to turn it on and off. Conversly I cannot figure out how to turn it off with the switch. More reading apparently....

Also how does one exit the menu and return to the main screen?

I am
    Eric R
    Last Online
    Today
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti DC-24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Tracker View Post
    Made some progress, some of it by luck haha I've got the throttle and rudder alive, no linkages or end points but moving. Learning but long way to go!

Something I do need help with, seems basic but weird;

When I plug a battery into the Mercury it immediately comes on, I had the impression I would have to use the switch to turn it on and off. Conversly I cannot figure out how to turn it off with the switch. More reading apparently....

Also how does one exit the menu and return to the main screen?
    Are you using just one battery or two while programming it? I remember there was something about that?
    To switch it on/off press the main button and simultaneously press one of the smaller selector buttons and hold it for a second or two. Then release them all and repeat the process with the second button. As an aside I found if I unplugged a pack without first turning it off it would simply come on when I plugged it back in.

To get out of a menu and back to the main screen I think you just scroll through the various pages until you get there. I know how to do it but I canít really describe it without having it in front of me...lol

Thread Information