Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 967
    Given: 745
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Re: Jeti DS-16

One downside I see with the Jeti... not very well integrated with PowerBox. I really wish PowerBox and Jeti got together and integrated... would be a sweet reunion.
    Last edited by tbrum; 12-15-2015 at 10:19 AM.

I am
    Dave Vrbetic
    Last Online
    04-25-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Spektrum DX18G2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 44
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Excellent info guys. I have heard nothing but great things about the quality and flexibility of Jeti and in particular the DS-16.

I know that most guys like the look of the Jeti radios but I think that's where I'm having a hard time taking the plunge. I don't like the way they look. There...I said it. I know I might be the only one but even though the quality and technology is amazing, I prefer the look of my JR 9503, or Futaba SZ18 or even the DX18. I think the screen is too small, it is lacking a colour touchscreen and looks outdated...in terms of appearance only. It reminds me of the old metal box Kraft radios they had in the 60's. lol.

Anyway, a fellow club member is bringing his DS-16 Carbon Red to our meeting this Thursday so that I can take a closer look at it. Maybe I will change my mind after I hold it. If anyone knows of a colour screen DS-16 coming out in the near future, please advise.
    Dave Vrbetic
    Burlington Radio Control Modelers

I am
    Trevor B
    Last Online
    Today
    Preferred Radio
    2.4ghz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 967
    Given: 745
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Dave... I agree.. I think they look ugly also. LOL.

At least now you will have company as we take our lashings together

I am
    Dave Vrbetic
    Last Online
    04-25-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Spektrum DX18G2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tbrum View Post

Yeah!!!...Awesome Trevor!! I didn't think anyone else would have the guts to admit it lol.

I am
    Phil Dessureault
    Last Online
    09-11-2017
    Preferred Radio
    Jeti DS-16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

My wife always say, "its not about the look, its all about what you can do with it!"

I am
    Cory
    Last Online
    Today
    Preferred Radio
    Spektrum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 87
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jake_027 View Post
    Excellent info guys. I have heard nothing but great things about the quality and flexibility of Jeti and in particular the DS-16.

I know that most guys like the look of the Jeti radios but I think that's where I'm having a hard time taking the plunge. I don't like the way they look. There...I said it. I know I might be the only one but even though the quality and technology is amazing, I prefer the look of my JR 9503, or Futaba SZ18 or even the DX18. I think the screen is too small, it is lacking a colour touchscreen and looks outdated...in terms of appearance only. It reminds me of the old metal box Kraft radios they had in the 60's. lol.

Anyway, a fellow club member is bringing his DS-16 Carbon Red to our meeting this Thursday so that I can take a closer look at it. Maybe I will change my mind after I hold it. If anyone knows of a colour screen DS-16 coming out in the near future, please advise.

I tend to agree with you guys...not so much in the sense that I find it ugly to look at, it just doesn't look functional...not sure how well I'd be able to hold it and pinch the sticks...it's all flat square surfaces. Is it reasonably comfortable to hold?? I also think the screen protruding from the top must make careful handling that much more important and limits your options for a case. Who knows, maybe if I hold one I'll fall in love.

I am
    Ed
    Last Online
    08-09-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Futaba 18mz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 525
    Given: 511
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Dina and Trina with matching Jettas!!
    only to ways I like to drink !!
    By myself or with somebody!!
    miss you son always

I am
    Jim Daly
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Preferred Radio
    JETI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 12
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

One downside I see with the Jeti... not very well integrated with PowerBox. I really wish PowerBox and Jeti got together and integrated... would be a sweet reunion.

Trevor,

No need to integrate with a 3rd part EXPENSIVE peripheral when they have their own PowerBox the CB200 and their telemetry plugs right into it.

I am
    Jim Daly
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Preferred Radio
    JETI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 12
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmith View Post
    I tend to agree with you guys...not so much in the sense that I find it ugly to look at, it just doesn't look functional...not sure how well I'd be able to hold it and pinch the sticks...it's all flat square surfaces. Is it reasonably comfortable to hold?? I also think the screen protruding from the top must make careful handling that much more important and limits your options for a case. Who knows, maybe if I hold one I'll fall in love.
    Cory,

I'm a "Pinch" flyer as well and have had no holding the DS-16 and flying. I've had mine for 2 seasons and now very rarely even use the strap. I bought the tray for it thinking I might have needed it but have never used it.

As for UGLY I say it's FUNCTIONAL. I'd rather have something that works and may look Utilitarian then holding a piece of art in my hands that is not functional.

In my line of work I have experienced that many times. What good is it if it looks good but works like crap.

The DS-16 is the first radio that actually puts the display somewhere where you can easily and safely glance down briefly and see the screen.

It makes very efficient use of the 1 cell lipo as a power source for the Tx.

I have flown just about every brand of radio out there and like the JETI the best.

I fly IMAC!

I am
    Dave Vrbetic
    Last Online
    04-25-2019
    Preferred Radio
    Spektrum DX18G2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up
    Feedback Score

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JDaly View Post
    Cory,

I'm a "Pinch" flyer as well and have had no holding the DS-16 and flying. I've had mine for 2 seasons and now very rarely even use the strap. I bought the tray for it thinking I might have needed it but have never used it.

As for UGLY I say it's FUNCTIONAL. I'd rather have something that works and may look Utilitarian then holding a piece of art in my hands that is not functional.

In my line of work I have experienced that many times. What good is it if it looks good but works like crap.

The DS-16 is the first radio that actually puts the display somewhere where you can easily and safely glance down briefly and see the screen.

It makes very efficient use of the 1 cell lipo as a power source for the Tx.

I have flown just about every brand of radio out there and like the JETI the best.

I fly IMAC!
    Those are some good points Jim. In terms of function, I would have to say that Jeti is the best. For me, I'm not sure if I would even need a DS-16...a DS-14 looks like it would do anything that I need and more. It would be a dream radio if it looked a little better..that's all.

Thread Information